søndag den 28. marts 2010

Of Tigers and Tea-pots


An anecdote I read when I was a young boy has resurfaced in my mind lately:

The protagonist of the anecdote is the medieval general Kato Kiyomasa, a Japanese warrior renowned for his military skills and his insane brutality, particularly during the Japanese invasion of Korea in the 16th Century.

Just to set the tone, let me preface the following tale with the interesting fact that General Kato used to spend his free time away from the battle field in Korea hunting siberian tigers armed with a spear(!). This obviously takes some serious iron balls.

It is told of General Kato that he once received a famous and highly prized antique porcelain tea-pot as a gift.

As he admired the details of the tea-pot it slipped his grip and he almost dropped it.

This affected the rough warrior and he immediately smashed the valuable object into the ground where it shattered in a thousand pieces.

When asked why he had destroyed such a priceless work of art General Kato replied that nothing should ever disrupt the immoveable mind of a true warrior.

"How does this help me get laid!", says the single-minded (or is it simple ?) reader...

Beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, intelligent women move in and out of my life these days. I cherish their energy and company, and when it is time for them to move on, I let them go with a varm hug and a caring smile.

I do not smash them into the ground, or crush their spirit, but I realised recently that I had taken Kato Kiyomasa's lesson well to heart, finally, after so many years.

Dog.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar